In my last post, I talked about how I consider 2009 to be a fresh start — a mulligan, if you will. With that in mind, it might behoove me to come up with some goals for the year unfolding before our very eyes. I mean, here it is the 6th of January already and I’m still fat and slow. If I don’t get on the stick (ouch!), I’ll still be fat and slow come 2010.
The problem with listing a buch of goals in a public forum is that when one falls short of accomplishing them, there is a ripe opportunity for ridicule. Since there are currently 234,792 cyclocross related blogs out there to compete for readership, I’m sure that the number of loyal readers who might see my resolutions, actually remember what I said and then take the bold step to call me out on my loserness some 12 months hence is pretty low. I’ll guess it might be as many as zero. With that in mind, I’ll boldly state some things that I’ll actively avoid in the coming year. Yeah, wimpier than actual resulutions but I’m not sure they will be easier to accomplish.
- Have a stroke
- Eat myself into Jabba the Hut
- Drive my car to work all the time
- Open a business (myself or immediate family)
- Pick up a nasty intestinal bug (myself or immediate family)
- Be dissuaded by a little rain (snow and ice is a different story)
- Consider Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires in a 28 uncool
There is a start. I’m sure I can come up with more stuff as the year progresses.