Karen Goritski is a masters racer and competes in the SW Washington and NW Oregon area. She races the full Cross Crusade schedule and adds in other local races as they come up. She has ridden this bike to a masters Nationals top ten, lots of Cross Crusade wins, a series title, and an OBRA championship. Karen rides for Tireless Velo.
Karens Vanilla has lugless (fillet brazed) construction to meet her needs. Since she’s a woman and needs a smaller frame size, the frame geometry was tweaked to reduce toe overlap. The matching steel fork was mated to the frame to further minimize toe overlap.
- Frame: Vanilla (Dedacciai steel)
- Fork: Vanilla (steel)
- Shifters/Brake levers: Shimano Ultegra 9-speed
- Rear dérailleur: Shimano Ultegra 9-speed
- Front dérailleur: Shimano Ultegra (6500)
- Crank: FSA SLK carbon 46/36
- BB: FSA
- Pedals: Crank Bros. Candy Ti.
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra
- Cassette: Sram 12-26
- Wheels: King hubs (pewter) laced 3x to Reflex rims. Tufo Flexus tires. Training wheels are Ultegra hubs laced 3x to Open Pro rims with IRD cross tires
- Bars: Salsa Short and Shallow (40cm width)
- Stem: Salsa
- Seat post: Easton carbon
- Saddle: Specialized Jett
- Headset: Chris King (pewter)
- Brakes: Paul Neo Retro front and rear