I’m not the first person to make PVC cyclocross barriers and my design is probably not unique or particularly elegant. However, they are cheap, easy to build, and portable. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your local Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc. and buy ($6 to $8 in materials):
- 2 10′ sections of 3/4″ PVC pipe
- 2 straight connectors
- 4 90 degree elbow bends
- 4 T connectors
- Cut one of the PVC 10′ pipes into 4 2-1/2′ sections (these are the cross bars)
- From the remaining 10′ pipe, cut 4 14″ sections. These are the legs. When joined with the elbows and T connectors, they will be a little higher than 40cm.
- Divide the remaining PVC into 8 equal lengths and cut. These are the leg extensions.
- Put everything together for two portable barriers.
Here are some pictures: